- Gear List
This Outfitters is known for providing a hunt of a lifetime. Outfitter has exclusive rights to over 95,000 square acres of private land, backed up to the Katmai National Park. You may have seen the bears on the water falls catching salmon while jumping up the falls. These bears travel to our drainage after all the salmon are done running up that falls. They come to our hunting area, looking for more salmon to eat before denning up for a long winters sleep. We can brag that we have a 98% success rate on our Spring and Fall hunts. We average 10' bears every year. This is an over the counter Bear Tag so you don't have to be putting in for a draw every year and hope that your name gets pulled. Our Master Guide has been guiding Brown bears in this area for over 50 years and has an exceptional record and safety record. People come to us when all other hunts have failed.
- Species: Brown Bear
- Average Classification: 8 - 11
- Shot Opportunity: 90
- Weapons: Rifle, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: FSOBB-PEN2021
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
We average 10' Bears every hunt
Must have minimum 300 mag with 200 grain bullet (Recommended Full Scope Outfitters Alaskan Brown Bear Custom Rifle)
May 10, 2021 - May 20, 2021
- Price: $28,750.00
Iliamna, Alaska, United States of America
1000 non refundable deposit due at booking
Hunting Brown Bear is very dangerous, we hunt alongside lakes and rivers that millions of salmon come to spawn in every fall. Brown Bear are ferocious and will hunt a human if hungry enough. All of our Guides have a minimum of 3 years experience under our Master Guide before guiding solo in the field. We strive to keep our average at 98% every year, and average 20 to 30 bear sightings in a 10 day hunt. Sometimes in the fall we will see this many in a day. During our spring hunts there is more hiking involved, because we are watching for the Boars to come out of the dens on the hillside to hunt the cubs and sows.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Backpack Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
More information regarding lodging and accommodations are available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Advisor.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
We mix up our menu with Mountain house and real food.
- Physical Conditions: Heavy Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
More information regarding physical conditions are available upon request from your Personal Concierge Adventure Advisor.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Clients are responsible for airfare to Iliamna Alaska, and then a charter from Iliamna to the lodge. We will assist with booking the charter flight from Iliamna to the lodge.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Gear is limited to 60 lbs for each hunter, suitcases and hard cases are not allowed. We have our clients either put it in a back pack or duffle bag.
What Outfitter Provides
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari) https://fullscope.bookthehunt.com/products/242
What to Bring
- Rifle (Recomend Full Scope Outfitter Alaska Brown Bear Series)
- 5 pair socks
- Soft rifle case (when you get to Anchorage you will be required to leave your hard airline case at the air charter office and put rifle in soft case for the flight to Iliamna and to camp)
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, medication, etc)
- Personal toiletries
- Bug net
- Muck boots or extra tuffs (put these on when you get to Iliamna)
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari) Break new boots in before coming to Alaska, and wear Boots while traveling on the airlines.
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari)
- Light weight gloves (Recomend XKG Lightwieght Gloves)
- Long Sleeve Shirt (Recomend Hunter Series Long Sleve Shirt)
- Hunting Pants 1 pair (Recomend Lone Peak Pant)
- XKG Leg Gaiters
- Sleeping Bag (recomend XKG Summit 0 Degree Mummy Bag)
- Rain Gear (Recomend XKG Windstorm Rain Jacket and Pants)
- Crocks or sandals for camp shoes
- Reading Material
- Head Lamp
- Personal water filter bottle
- Spoon, Fork
- Trekking poles
- Binoculars. Recommended Leica
- Hunting License, harvest ticket/permit in ziploc bag
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring