- Gear List
One of Alaskas premiere guide operations. We strive to give our clients a trip of a lifetime, and to leave Alaska with memories that will last forever. Our Gudes are your pilots, they are commercal pilots and have been flying Alaska for 30 plus years. This hunt is located in between 2 of one of Alaska's largest National Parks, the Moose in the Outfitters hunting area are remarkable animals. They are about twice as heavy as a majority of Alaskas moose population, they will average over 700 lbs of meat on the bone, where as the smaller moose found across the state will weigh in at around 400 lbs on the bone. Outfitter utilizes PA-18 Super Cubs and Cessna 185 float equiped aircraft. We also have zodiac rafts, and a Rokon 2x2 for getting up close to those moose that might just be a bit far for hiking.
- Species: Moose
- Average Classification: 55 - 70
- Shot Opportunity: 90
- Weapons: Rifle, Muzzleloader, Archery
- Hunt Catalog #: FSOY-MOOSE
- Tag Availability: Over The Counter
State of Alaska requires that the moose in this area be at least 50" wide or have at least 4 brow tines.
September 04, 2021 - September 15, 2021
- Price: $22,500.00
50% of total price must be paid 6 months prior to hunt Remaining balance must be paid prior to flying to base camp in the form of casheirs check or cash. Or balance may be paid 3 weeks before hunt begins. Tips are encouraged, your guide works very hard and will do everything he can to help you tag the bull of a lifetime.
ILIAMNA, Alaska, United States of America
$2000.00 non refundable deposit, may be used for following season.
This Outfitter will give you the experience of a lifetime, the area that we hunt is some of the most pristine Alaska scenery that you will encounter. You will see Brown Bear, Black Bear, Eagles and of course Moose aka Swamp Donkeys! Outfitter willl pick you up in Iliamna in their old PA-18 Super cub and fly a short 30 min flight to our moose camp, where you will spend the next 11 days hunting the largest ungulate in North America.
HuntX Scale (Low 1 - 5 High)
- Lodging & Accommodations: Backpack Tent?
Lodging & Accommodations Scale
5 - Cabin/Lodge
4 - Bunk House/Trailer
3 - Wall Tent
2 - Backpack Tent
1 - Client Provided/Hotel
Outfitter set up their camps so that everyone is comfortable out in the wilderness. It has been said that our camps are Alaskas only 5 star camp.
- Menu & Food: Field Kitchen?
Menu & Food Scale
5 - 5 Star Catered
4 - Full Kitchen
3 - Field Kitchen
2 - Backpack Food
1 - Client Provided
We send out a food list to all our clients a few months before the hunt to make sure we don't have anything that you can't eat. Our Head guide has been to culinary school and knows how to make a meal! We alternate meals, Mountain house one night then a real meal the next.
- Physical Conditions: Moderate Hiking?
Physical Conditions Scale:
5 - All Vehicle Access
4 - Light Hiking
3 - Moderate Hiking
2 - Heavy Hiking
1 - Extreme Back Country
You are coming to hunt Alaska for a trip of a lifetime. We encourage people to start walking before the hunt so that you will enjoy your hunt. We recommend putting a back pack on and slowly add weight each week as you are preparing for the hunt.
Transportation (To/From Basecamp)
Clients are responsible for transportation to Alaska and from Anchorage to Iliamna. We will pick you up in Iliamna in our planes and take you to camp. After the hunt is complete we will take you back to Iliamna to catch your flight to Anchorage.
- Lodging & Accommodations
- Menu & Food
- Physical Conditions
Hunters are expected to follow our gear list, we have been hunting Alaska all of our lives and know what is a necessity and what is not needed. Due to the fact that we fly you out in a small aircraft (2 seater) we limit our clients to 70 lbs of gear, not including rifle or bow. Suit cases and hard cases are not allowed. A back pack or duffle bag is required.
What Outfitter Provides
- Sleeping Pads
What to Bring
- Tactacam 5.0 Package (Recommended to catch your hunt)
- Rain Gear (Recomend XKG Windstorm Rain Jacket and Pants)
- Hunting Jacket (Recomended XKG Lone Peak Jacket)
- 2 Long Sleeve Shirt (Recomend Hunter Series Long Sleve Shirt)
- Hunting Pants 2 pair (Recomend Lone Peak Pant)
- Plastic Mug (one that your spoon and fork will fit into for storage)
- Ball Cap and a Stocking cap
- Head Lamp with extra batteries (if you have a rechargable one bring a battery Brick)
- Light Weight Hip Boots
- Knife (Recomend Outdoor Edge with replaceable Blades)
- 5 pair sock
- Soft rifle case (when you get to Anchorage you will be required to leave your hard airline case at the air charter office and put rifle in soft case for the flight to Iliamna and to camp)
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, medication, etc)
- Bug net
- Hiking Boots (Recomended Kenetrek Hardscrabble, or Safari) Break new boots in before coming to Alaska, and wear Boots while traveling on the airlines.Where your hunting boots on airline
- Light weight gloves (Recomend XKG Lightwieght Gloves)
- XKG Leg Gaiters
- Sleeping Bag (recomend XKG Summit 0 Degree Mummy Bag)
- Crocks or sandals for camp shoes
- Reading Material
- Head Lamp
- personal water filter bottle
- Spoon, Fork
- Trekking poles
- Binoculars. Recommended Leica
- Hunting License, harvest ticket/permit in ziploc bag
- What Outfitter Provides
- What to Bring